Master of Liberal Arts
When you choose to pursue a Master of Liberal Arts, you are choosing to create your own program. Other graduate degrees at Tech will have an exact list of classes that you will have to take with no fluctuation or input from you. The MLA program is not one program, but a combination of ten different departments coming together to form one interdisciplinary unit. You will choose one main area of study, but many of your hours will still come from outside of your main discipline. The program will require 30 hours total. To see a break down of the hours, click on "" or view our Sample Schedule.
The MLA program consists of all ten departments within the College of Arts and Humanities. These departments will be what you draw from for your courses:
- Teaching English as a Second Language
To sign up for classes, you will be given a list of all graduate courses in all ten departments. You can view the current classes being offered under "Upcoming Courses". These also change every semester, offering refreshing new options. While this degree does still offer a final test, it also offers a creative project or research project. These three options mean that, no matter how you learn best, you will be able to express your knowledge in the way you feel most adept.
- Advised by the program director
- Final Comprehensive Exam, Creative Project, or a Research Project
- Blended Courses // Flexible schedule
- What you're interested in is what you learn about
How to Enroll
- Complete your Undergraduate Degree
- Apply to the Graduate College
- Select "Liberal Arts" as your degree specifications