Process for Adding Courses to the General Education Curriculum
The process for adding courses to the ATU General Education Curriculum is as follows:
- Submit a complete GE Course Proposal Form to the Director of General Education at least one week prior to a scheduled General Education Committee meeting. A representative knowledgable about the proposal should attend that GE Committee meeting to answer questions.
- If the GE Committee approves the proposed addition, the next step will either be
- to bring the proposal to Faculty Senate for approval (in the case of courses that are already part of ATU's existing course catalog), or
- in the case of entirely new courses, to submit a proposal to the Curriculum Committee for approval, and then to Faculty Senate for approval.
- If all of the above stages are approved, then the course is added to the undergraduate catalog as part of the GE curriculum.