Department of Emergency Management
Welcome to the Department of Emergency Management at Arkansas Tech University. This program offers both Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees both on-campus and online.
The Emergency Management program at Arkansas Tech University received accreditation in 2005 and 2011 from the Foundation on Higher Education in Disaster/Emergency Management and Homeland Security (now known as The Council for Accreditation of Emergency Management Education.) This was the first program to be recognized nationally as well as internationally. The undergraduate program has also received accreditation from the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities to be offered as an online degree.
Our students will lead the discipline and field of emergency management and homeland security by bridging theory and practice.
The Department of Emergency Management at Arkansas Tech University is dedicated to empowering students to become world-changers by equipping them with the education, critical thinking, and experience needed as scholars and practitioners in emergency management and homeland security.
- Febuary 19: Last day to officially withdraw with 80% reduction of tuition
- March 2: Deadline for degree audits for May 2019 graduates
- March 5: Mid-term
- March 19-25: Spring Break
- March 26: Deadline for degree audits for summer 2019 graduates
- March 26-May 1: Early registration for summer and fall terms
- April 3: Preparedness Expo at Danville High School
- April 20: Last day to drop courses with a "W" or change from credit to audit
- April 30: Students follow regular Monday class schedule
- May 1: Students follow regular Monday class schedule
- May 2: Reading Day
- May 2: May 8: Finals
- May 11: Graduate College Commencement
- May 12: Undergradute Commencement