Department of Emergency Management
Welcome to the Department of Emergency Management at Arkansas Tech University. This program offers both Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees both on-campus and online.
The Emergency Management program at Arkansas Tech University received accreditation in 2005 and 2011 from the Foundation on Higher Education in Disaster/Emergency Management and Homeland Security (now known as The Council for Accreditation of Emergency Management Education.) This was the first program to be recognized nationally as well as internationally. The undergraduate program has also received accreditation from the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities to be offered as an online degree.
Our students will lead the discipline and field of emergency management and homeland security by bridging theory and practice.
The Department of Emergency Management at Arkansas Tech University is dedicated to empowering students to become world-changers by equipping them with the education, critical thinking, and experience needed as scholars and practitioners in emergency management and homeland security.
- June 29th- Last day to drop courses with a "W" or change from credit to audit (must be turned into Registrar's Office by 5pm)
- July 5- June/July seesion ends
- July 9- Classes begin
- July 10- Last day to late register, add courses, or change sections and last day to officially withdraw with full reduction of tuition and fees (Must be turned into Registrar's Office by 5 pm)
- July 13- Attendance Date, Last day to drop with course(s) not reflected on transcript and last day to officially withdraw with 80% reduction of tuition (Must be turned into Registrar's Office by 5 pm)
- August 3- Last day to drop courses with a "W" or change from credit to audit ( Must be turned in to Registrar's Office by 5 pm)
- August 8- July/August seesion ends
- August 13-August 21- Registration in our department for students who have not registered
- August 22- Fall classes begin