Social Science Faculty Job Advertisement
Social Science (We anticipate that 3-4 positions will be available depending on enrollment).
Educators in all Arkansas public and private schools as well as all Arkansas institutions of higher education and all state directors of gifted programs are invited to apply for faculty positions.
Area I Faculty will collaborate with the Area I Coordinator in developing curriculum in their field of special talent according to the general framework described below:
Students in the social sciences will examine what it is to be human through the study of anthropology, sociology, psychology, political science, history and other fields. They will learn how the long and broad arcs of technological development have affected the way people communicate, evolve culturally, and resolve conflict. They will also learn how the latest technologies and methodologies have changed the way the social scientists pursue their craft.
- Extensive knowledge of subject area.
- Familiarity with twentieth and twenty-first century theories, concepts, and practices in area of expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively with high school students of high potential.
- Experience and/or interest in cutting-edge social science methodologies and technology enhanced humans and human relationships.
- Experience in creative course development, leadership training, and/or gifted and talented education.
Applicants should submit an application cover sheet (see Appendix A), a letter of application describing qualifications, curriculum ideas, and teaching style, a current curriculum vitae, and a list of three references. The application deadline is January 1, 2020.