Mathematics Faculty Job Advertisement
Mathematics (We anticipate that 3-4 positions will be available depending on enrollment).
Educators in all Arkansas public and private schools as well as all Arkansas institutions of higher education and all state directors of gifted programs are invited to apply for faculty positions.
Area I Faculty will collaborate with the Area I Coordinator in developing curriculum in their field of special talent according to the general framework described below:
Students in Mathematics will explore mathematical ideas and applications in a variety of areas such as biological science, cryptography, aerospace engineering, and complex numbers. Students will consider the theoretical and philosophical implications of mathematical science and math’s fundamental impact on the broad array of modern technologies. They will also be exposed to the aesthetics of math through the study of things like Julia sets, Mandelbrot sets, conformal maps, and the Koch Snowflake.
- Extensive knowledge of subject area.
- Familiarity with twentieth and twenty-first century theories, concepts, and practices in area of expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively with high school students of high potential.
- Experience and/or willingness to explore collecting, analyzing and modeling data using currrent software.
- Experience in creative course development, leadership training, and/or gifted and talented education.
Applicants should submit an application cover sheet (see Appendix A), a letter of application describing qualifications, curriculum ideas, and teaching style, a current curriculum vitae, and a list of three references. The application deadline is January 1, 2021.