Development Engineering Faculty Job Advertisement
Development Engineering (We anticipate that 1-2 positions will be available depending on enrollment).
Educators in all Arkansas public and private schools as well as all Arkansas institutions of higher education and all state directors of gifted programs are invited to apply for faculty positions.
Area I Faculty will collaborate with the Area I Coordinator in developing curriculum in their field of special talent according to the general framework described below:
Development Engineering has also been referred to as “humanitarian engineering” or “engineering for change.” It focuses on creating technology for developing communities with resource needs. In this class, students will identify a community at need and pursue engineering projects to help them fill those needs. For example, students might develop small houses from recycled materials for communities recovering from hurricanes or solar generators to power classroom computers for communities not connected to a power grid.
- Extensive knowledge of subject area.
- Familiarity with twentieth and twenty-first century theories, concepts, and practices in area of expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively with high school students of high potential.
- Experience and/or expertise in engeineering.
- Experience in creative course development, leadership training, and/or gifted and talented education.
Applicants should submit an application cover sheet (see Appendix A), a letter of application describing qualifications, curriculum ideas, and teaching style, a current curriculum vitae, and a list of three references. The application deadline is January 1, 2022.