Resident Assistant Job Description
What does an Resident Assistant do?
- Act as a resource to students regarding program information, building relationships between students, connecting students to the program, assisting students with personal and academic concerns, etc...
- Support and emphasize the responsibilities of residence hall living with students and provide advice concerning personal and social adjustments to residential life.
- Supervise and monitor students inside and outside of residence halls.
- Responsible for the safety and security of students on campus.
- Enforce AGS rules and policies.
- Assist in the supervision of field trips, Impact speakers, Impact movies, and social activities.
- Balance the dual roles of supervisor and mentor to the students.
- Be a resource and referral agent in regard to health services as well as opportunities offered on campus.
- Attend all required AGS meetings, including the planning week prior to the official start of the program.
- Assist AGS staff with other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to live in residence hall with students.
- Requires CPR and First Aid certifications (provided during orientation).
- Prior AGS experience is highly preferred.
- Start date: Mon. June 27, 2022
- End date: Mon. August 1, 2022
- Each RA will be on duty during the weekends, but will be off for one twenty-four hour period during each of the four weeks the students are in residence.
- Food and housing will be provided at no charge.