OFF-CAMPUS ACCESS TO LIBRARY DIGITAL CONTENT
If you received an error message such as "400 Bad Request" after attempting to connect, you may need to correct one or both of the following problems:
Your browser must be set to accept cookies.
- Internet Explorer 6 and higher: Click on Tools > Internet Options > Privacy. Adjust the privacy level to Medium or Low.
- Firefox and Google Chrome: both of these browsers should not have any problems.
High-Speed Internet Conflict
Some high-speed internet connections (such as NetZero connections) cause a conflict with our proxy server. This conflict can be resolved by doing the following:
- Launch Internet Explorer
- In the menu bar, click on Tools, then on Internet Options.
- In the new window, select the Connections tab.
- Scroll through the Dial-Up settings to locate your high-speed Internet Service Provider (ISP) (e.g. Net Zero).
- Under Proxy Server, click Advanced.
- In Exceptions, scroll to the end of the list, then enter the following (with the semi-colon): ;libcatalog.atu.edu
- Keep clicking OK until all menus close.
About Security Certificates
Proxy server traffic runs through a secure connection.
For Internet Explorer 6 and higher:
- After clicking on a database title, a window will open letting you know about the transfer to secure pages. Click "OK" here.
- On the certificate prompt, click "Yes" to proceed.
- Login with your network username and password.
- Click "Yes" to continue.
Still having problems?