English/Language Arts Faculty Job Advertisement
English/Language Arts (We anticipate that 2-3 positions will be available depending on enrollment).
Educators in all Arkansas public and private schools as well as all Arkansas institutions of higher education and all state directors of gifted programs are invited to apply for faculty positions.
Area I Faculty will collaborate with the Area I Coordinator in developing curriculum in their field of special talent according to the general framework described below:
English/Language Arts will offer students opportunities to explore the art of rhetoric as writers and readers of classic literature, and as consumers of film and digital communication. Students will balance reading and discussing published works with composing their own writing in order to make their voices heard. Students will examine and compose in traditional genres such as poetry, short fiction, and creative nonfiction. They will also explore creative writing and social media as a means of reflecting and building community identity.
- Extensive knowledge of subject area.
- Familiarity with twentieth and twenty-first century theories, concepts, and practices in area of expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively with high school students of high potential.
- Experience teaching or writing for television, film, social media or other new media.
- Background in literary and/or film studies.
- Experience in creative course development, leadership training, and/or gifted and talented education.
Applicants should submit an application cover sheet (see Appendix A), a letter of application describing qualifications, curriculum ideas, and teaching style, a current curriculum vitae, and a list of three references. The application deadline is January 1, 2022.