Choral Music Faculty Job Advertisement
Choral Music (We anticipate that 1-2 positions will be available depending on enrollment).
Educators in all Arkansas public and private schools as well as all Arkansas institutions of higher education and all state directors of gifted programs are invited to apply for faculty positions.
Area I Faculty will collaborate with the Area I Coordinator in developing curriculum in their field of special talent according to the general framework described below:
The Choral Music curriculum will focus on how music brings people together and fosters community in the modern world. Vocalists will have the opportunity to perform and study music from classic and contemporary repertoires. Students will also learn to use cutting-edge software to develop compositional and recording techniques, cultivating their future artistic endeavors. Choral music will examine how music informs individual and collective identity, and students will collaborate with instrumental music, drama, ELA and other areas to explore creative efforts across disciplines.
- Extensive knowledge of subject area.
- Familiarity with twentieth and twenty-first century theories, concepts, and practices in area of expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively with high school students of high potential.
- Choral conducting experience.
- Skills and/or interest in digital recording and composition software.
- Experience in creative course development, leadership training, and/or gifted and talented education.
Applicants should submit an application cover sheet (see Appendix A), a letter of application describing qualifications, curriculum ideas, and teaching style, a current curriculum vitae, and a list of three references. The application deadline is January 1, 2022.