Choral Music Faculty Job Advertisement
Choral Music (We anticipate that 1-2 positions will be available depending on enrollment).
Educators in all Arkansas public and private schools as well as all Arkansas institutions of higher education and all state directors of gifted programs are invited to apply for faculty positions.
Area I Faculty will collaborate with the Area I Coordinator in developing curriculum in their field of special talent according to the general framework described below:
The Choral Music curriculum will focus on the exploration of traditional vocal techniques as well as modern technological developments and their application to choral and vocal art forms. Vocalists will have the opportunity to perform and record music from classic and contemporary repertoires, and students will be exposed to cutting-edge software to develop compositions and recordings.
- Extensive knowledge of subject area.
- Familiarity with twentieth and twenty-first century theories, concepts, and practices in area of expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively with high school students of high potential.
- Choral conducting experience.
- Skills and/or interest in digital recording and composition software.
- Experience in creative course development, leadership training, and/or gifted and talented education.
Applicants should submit an application cover sheet (see Appendix A), a letter of application describing qualifications, curriculum ideas, and teaching style, a current curriculum vitae, and a list of three references. The application deadline is January 1, 2020.