Visual Arts Faculty Job Advertisement
Visual Arts (We anticipate that 1-2 positions will be available depending on enrollment).
Educators in all Arkansas public and private schools as well as all Arkansas institutions of higher education and all state directors of gifted programs are invited to apply for faculty positions.
Area I Faculty will collaborate with the Area I Coordinator in developing curriculum in their field of special talent according to the general framework described below:
The Visual Arts program of the Arkansas Governor’s School will give students an opportunity to inform and expand their creative vision while exploring new techniques. The goal of the program is to blend traditional fine art media and craft with emerging technology. Students will investigate correlations between the physical art object or process and the digital world. For example, students might combine traditional sculpture techniques with 3D printing and motion capture to create and animate characters. Students will participate in discussion, critique their own work and that of their peers, and examine the art world in the larger historical and cultural context.
- Extensive knowledge of subject area.
- Familiarity with twentieth and twenty-first century theories, concepts, and practices in area of expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively with high school students of high potential.
- Experience working in traditional 2-D and/or 3-D art media such as Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Collage, Sculpture, Ceramics, Fiber Arts, Installation and Public Art.
- Experience working in digital 2-D and/or 3-D art media such as 3D Printing, Digital Illustration, Graphic Design, Digital Animation, Digital Film Editing, Digital Photo Editing, 3D Modeling, and Game Design.
- Experience in creative course development, leadership training, and/or gifted and talented education.
Applicants should submit an application cover sheet (see Appendix A), a letter of application describing qualifications, curriculum ideas, and teaching style, a current curriculum vitae, and a list of three references. The application deadline is January 1, 2020.