Area III Faculty Job Advertisement
Area III Personal and Social Growth – (We anticipate that 9-11 positions will be available depending on enrollment).
Educators in all Arkansas public and private schools as well as all Arkansas institutions of higher education and all state directors of gifted programs are invited to apply for faculty positions.
Area III Faculty will collaborate with the Area III Coordinator in developing and delivering Area III curriculum.
Area III focuses on personal and social development. Typically, Area III instructors have backgrounds in the behavioral sciences, English, and Education; however, anyone with a background in the traditional arts and sciences is encouraged to apply. Area III activities will include individual personality assessments and reflections as well as group projects that address real-world contemporary social challenges. Area III instructors will also facilitate discussions of our weekly impact movies. Throughout, students will learn through experiential coursework and civic engagement to foster a sense of personal responsibility and responsibility to others, ultimately developing group projects that help resolve problems specific to Arkansas communities.
- Extensive knowledge of subject area.
- Familiarity with twentieth and twenty-first century theories, concepts, and practices in area of expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively with high school students of high potential.
- Experience in project based learning and/or civic engagement.
- Familiarity with leadership training and methods.
- Experience in creative course development, leadership training, and/or gifted and talented education.
Applicants should submit an application cover sheet (see Appendix A), a letter of application describing qualifications, curriculum ideas, and teaching style, a current curriculum vitae, and a list of three references. The application deadline is January 1, 2021.