Freshmen Leadership Experience
The Freshman Leadership Experience (FLE) serves as the starting point for students seeking to gain and increase their leadership skill set. Open to only thirty-six (36) incoming freshman, this program will actively engage students in a variety of leadership experiences that will create an advantage prior to their first day of class.
Participants will move into their assigned residence hall (if housed on campus) on Wednesday, August 16, 2017. This program will take place on both the Arkansas Tech campus and at Petit Jean State Park.
During this time, students will engage with other incoming freshman while learning from current campus leaders, University staff, and other leadership experts. These experiences will help students make connections prior to the first day of class, establish a leadership and involvement plan for the first year, and learn from some of the best and brightest campus leaders.
Students participating in the Freshman Leadership Experience will receive a two hundred dollar ($200) leadership scholarship applied to their student account at the beginning of the semester. Travel to Petit Jean State Park, lodging and all meals are included in this program. Students applying for FLE must be available for the entire length of this program.
- Wednesday, August, 16, 2017 @ 6:00 pm through Saturday, August, 19 @ 12:00 pm.
- Check In: Wednesday August 16, 2017 from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
FLE Application Process:
- Priority consideration given to applications recieved by Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
- Students will be notified of selection no later than Wednesday, July 12, 2017.
- Please click the button below to begin your application process:
For questions, call the Department of Campus Life at 479.968.0276 or email email@example.com