What Should You Know About A Company Before An Interview?
A successful interview might be actually landing the job, or it could simply be a
good interview. See the list below of must-hanves before you participate in an interview.
Here is a list of things that you should know about a company/organization prior to
the actual job interview:
- Physical address, including driving directions to the interview site and parking instructions.
- Company's mission/vision statements to understand its values as well as address your
own ties to similar goals.
- Company history and tradition, so that you can sound knowledgeable and also understand
the company culture.
- Interviewers' positions titles and level in the hierarchy, so that you can speak to
how the company functions.
- Your own goals for the next 5-10 years, so that you can explain how they tie into
the position you are seeking.
- Company sales and profit trends to know as talking points.
- Industry competitors and market trends to speak to how you can improve the organization's
outlook as an employee.
- Any interesting facts you can discuss to demonstrate your background research on the