TECH Spirit Interest Clinic
February 21, 2015
Clinic Description and FAQ's
Critique Clinic: For ages 16 and up.
Cheer: Age appropriate cheerleading skills will be taught and critiqued to cheer participants.
Dance: Age appropriate dance skills will be taught and critiqued to all dance participants.
There will be an ice breaker and warm-up for all participants at the beginning of the clinic. To ensure a quality camp experience, the participants will be critiqued thoroughly on their technique at the clinic.
Camp Staff: The members of Tech Cheer team and Golden Girls dance team will be teaching and critiquing the participants throughout the clinic. The cheer and dance team members have a great deal of experience teaching correct skills and technique.
The Tech Cheer team is coached by Maggie Williams. Maggie is from Tyler, Texas.
Listed are some of her cheerleading experiences:
• Baylor University Co-Ed Cheer Team for 4 years - Captain 1 year
• Fit For Christ- Group Fitness Instructor for 1 year
• Competed as a school cheerleader for 3 years - Captain 1 year
• Competed as an All-Star cheerleader and dancer for 10 years
• Coached All-Star Cheer teams and instructed tumbling and stunting classes for 8 years
• Over 15 years of cheer, dance and personal training experience combined
The Golden Girls are coached by Ashlan Spencer. Ashlan is from Texarkana, Arkansas.
Listed are some of her dance experiences:
• Danced competitively with her studio for several years
• Performed at half-time for the Harlem Globetrotters
• Participated in the Dancers Against Cancer program
• Taught tap, jazz, ballet, and hip-hop for many years at various studios
• Taught for an after-school dance program at an elementary school
• Over 17 years of dance experience in all
What should the participants wear and bring? All participants should wear comfortable clothing with tennis shoes or dance shoes. All participants should bring water.
Can parents stay and watch? Parents are welcome to stay and watch their participant during the clinic. The staff asks that parents do not disrupt during teaching. Due to facilities (gym floor), chairs are not provided.