College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Programs of Study
The College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics offers programs of study leading to baccalaureate degrees as listed below:
Bachelor of Science
Biology with options in:
Chemistry with options in:
Geology with options in:
Secondary Education with Teacher Licensure in:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Associate of Applied Science
Associate of Science in Nuclear Technology
Associate of Science in Manufacturing
Certificates of Proficiency
The mission of the College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics is to provide support and oversight of our high-quality accredited Associate, Bachelor of Science and Masters of Science degree programs.
The vision of the College is to be recognized for providing high-quality educational opportunities which: prepare students for their chosen profession, provide a fundamental broad-based education, and develop educated citizens with an aspiration for life-long learning.
The College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics values integrity first, service to constituents and excellence in preparing graduates for life.
The College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics:
- Values scholarly activity, especially as it relates to the enhancement of teaching and its positive affect on high-impact student learning,
- Values service to the University and to the local, regional, state and professional communities,
- Seeks to demonstrate to students, and instill in them, high ethical standards of personal and professional conduct,
- Strives to achieve continuous improvement through rigorous assessment processes,
- Endeavors to equip students with the interdisciplinary, technical, and critical-thinking skills necessary to develop workable solutions to complex problems.
The College is composed of four (4) academic departments: Biological Sciences, Engineering & Computing Science, Mathematics and Statistics, and Physical & Earth Sciences. These departments offer programs of study leading to associate and baccalaureate degrees. Some departments offer masters degrees.