The Department of English and World Languages sponsors visiting authors, who give public readings from their work and visit Tech classes.This photo pictures Kevin Brockmeier, author of A Brief History of Death, The Illuminations, and Tech students enrolled in Modern American Literature.
Visiting Authors Pages
- Emily Skajac reads from Brute
- Paul Crenshaw reads from This One Will Hurt You
- Marcus Wicker reads from Silencer
- Michael Ritchie reads from Ampleforth's Miscellany (Part One)
- Michael Ritchie reads from Ampleforth's Miscellany (Part Two)
- Chelsea Woodard reads from her poetry collections Vellum and Solitary Bee
- Donika Kelly reads from her poetry collection Bestiary
- Brooke Johnson reads from her novel The Brass Giant
- Brooke Johnson answers questions about The Brass Giant
- Five Tech Authors read
- Steve Gehrke reads from Michelangelo's Seizure
- Stanley Lombardo reads from Paxton at Bosworth Field
- Laura Moriarty reads from her novel The Chaperone
- Robin Becker reads from Brains: A Zombie Memoir
- Constance Squires reads from Along the Watchtower
- Nick Morrisreads from his collection Tapeworm.
- Nelson Ramirez discusses his poetry and translation
- Andrew Geyer discusses "Trust Jesus" and "Second Coming"
- Saira Khan discusses her story "By Rook or by Crook"
- Paul Lake discusses his poem "Redcoats"
- Michael Karl Ritchie discusses his poem "Spaceship"
- Dominick Parenteau-Lebeuf discusses "The Feminist's Daughter"
- Clay Reynolds discusses his stories "Blue" 1, 2 and 3