Things You Need To Know
- The VA Certifying Official at Tech provides enrollment certification information and
- VA students must be working toward a degree and following the curriculum as outlined
for their degree plan in the catalog, since only specific courses may be applied toward
- VA will not pay for non-required repeat of classes; if Arkansas Tech University requires
you to repeat the course in order to receive credit towards your degree, then VA will
consider that a required repeat and the course will be applied towards the hours required
for you to receive benefits.
- VA students are responsible for notifying the VA Certifying Official of any changes
in their status (add / drop classes, withdraw from school, change major.
- Regular attendance of all classes is a requirement for VA payments. If you stop attending
a class, VA will be notified and you may be required to pay back benefits.
- Twelve undergraduate hours for a fall/spring term is considered full-time and four
undergraduate hours is considered full-time for a five week summer term. Nine graduate
hours is full-time for a fall/spring term and four graduate hours is considered full-time
for a five week summer term.
- Advance pay must be requested at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester.
In addition, there must be at least 30 days between terms to request advance pay.
VA issues the advance pay check for the month or portion of month in which the term
begins, plus the following month. Only the advance pay check is sent to the school.
Subsequent payments are mailed to the students address on record or direct deposited.
Students must be enrolled at least half-time to request advance pay. If you owe the
university money, your VA advance pay check will be applied to your bill at Tech.
- Remember each summer to fill out your Enrollment Certification Request for VA Educational
Benefits to be certified.
- Chapters 1606, 1607 and 30 must verify their enrollment at the end of each month by
calling 1-877-823-2378 or online through WAVES at https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do.
- Chapters 30, 1606 and 1607 may view their monthly benefit amount and see their remaining entitlement online through WAVES at https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do.