Bird has landed at ATU!
What is Bird?
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing accessible, environmentally friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. It provides a fleet of shared electric scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Birds give people looking to take a short journey across town, or down that “last mile” from the bus to their destination, a way to do so that does not pollute the air or add to traffic.
At just $1 to unlock and $.20 cents per minute of riding, Bird’s low-speed electric scooters are an affordable way to get from Point A to Point B.
How to Ride:
- Download the Bird app on your smartphone (iOS or Android)
- Enter your payment information
- Use the app to find a Bird near you, scan a Bird, and go!
- Ride anywhere you would ride a bike
- Park on a sidewalk, out of the public right of way, between the sidewalk and curb, or at a bike rack
Bird is committed to educating riders about safety rules and regulations at the time of sign-up, and before every ride. When Birding in Russellville, be sure to abide by the following rules:
- Ride within Russellville City limits
- Always wear a helmet when riding. You can order a free helmet in the “Safety” section of the Bird app
- Stay off of sidewalks
- Avoid parking Birds on the sidewalk or in front of entrances
- Birds are not permitted in any campus buildings or dorms
- Only one person per Bird