1204 N El Paso
Office: (479) 356-2199
Duty: (479) 692-9468
Located just west of Buerkle Field/Thone Stadium, Baswell offers a beautiful facade for our football stadium, while providing a wonderful housing experience for 234 co-ed residents. Some of the rooms offer a view of the football field.
Baswell, named after Colonel Carl F. Baswell, is designed in the traditional suite style arrangement with two double rooms sharing a bathroom between them. The rooms in this five floor building are unique in their architectural design with polished concrete floors and mixed medium wall textures.
The residents of Baswell Hall have a variety of lounging opportunities as there are two large television lounges available at the south end of the second and third floors and medium sized study lounges at the south end of the fourth and fifth floors. Smaller study spaces are available on the north end of the top four floors, as well. All of these lounges offer wonderful views of the Tech campus and the western landscape.
The Hospitality Living Learning Community is located on the 5th floor of Baswell Hall (suite style, co-ed by suites), adjacent to Williamson Hall, which houses the Department of Parks, Recreation and Hospitality Administration. The Hospitality LLC provides students seeking a career in Hospitality Administration an academically-focused space where they can come together and engage in conversation, events, and co-curricular activities to refine skills in multiple areas, including general business, management, finance, marketing, accounting, law, computer science and more.
Using your phone? Open video in the YouTube app. to enjoy the full 360 video experience.
- 234 Co-ed residents
- 117 Double rooms
- Suite style bathrooms
- 2 elevators
- Wireless internet access throughout the building
- Kitchenette area on second floor
- Laundry room and lobbies on top four floors
- Room size - Approximately 9' 6" X 15'
- Window size - Approximately 1' 8" X 4' 6" with roll down shades
- One Junior (3') loft and one 5' loft bed per room
- 80" mattresses (extra-long)
- Vanity with sink and storage
- Cable hook-up in each room (coaxial cable not provided)
- 2 Extra-long twin beds
- 2 Closet areas
- 2 Desks and desk chairs
- 2 Chests of drawers
- Locked building entry with card access
- Fire suppression system throughout rooms and building
- Fully staffed with one Resident Director and five Resident Assistants