Mary B. Gunter Emerging Leaders LLC
The Mary B. Gunter Emerging Leaders LLC is a community designed to bring together students from a variety of academic disciplines to learn about leadership and how to practically apply it in the real world. Participants who complete both fall and spring LEAD courses will be offered an exclusive opportunity to apply for the Community Assistant live-in staff role their sophomore year. Community Assistants will enroll in next level LEAD courses for both the (fall and spring), facilitate programs, serve community desk, and provide individualized peer mentorship to first year students living in the residence halls.
Location: M Street
Majors: All Incoming Freshmen
Course(s): Fall: LEAD 1003 & CSP 1013 Spring: LEAD 2003
Advisor(s): Aubrey Holt & Jana Crouch
What to Expect
- Faculty led study sessions
- Participation in planning conferences
- Service learning opportunities
- Exposure to key community leaders
- Student leadership panel
- Opportunity to become a community assistant
- Make new connections in the community
Did you know?
- Emerging leaders will take an active role in planning leadership conferences hosted by Campus Life (i.e. Women's Leadership Conference, High School Leadership Conference, etc.)
- Present leadership sessions for peers within the On Track co-curricular experience
- Participate in an overnight trip to a collegiate leadership competition where their leadership skills will be put to the test against other colleges.
Phone: (479) 968-0409