La Casa LLC
La Casa is a cultural immersion living learning community. Residents will gather to practice Spanish and explore opportunities with the local community to serve while speaking Spanish. Join now to enhance existing Spanish speaking skills while assisting others along the way!
Who: All students who want to learn Spanish
Where: M Street 2nd and 3rd floor
Requirements: Two years of high school Spanish or two semesters of college level Spanish
Course(s): SPAN 3163
Advisor(s): Dr. Nelson Ramírez
What to Expect
- Interaction with Spanish-speaking people on a regular basis within their living community
- Sharing a living space with students who have similar interests
- Impoving Spanish speaking skills
- Serving the community
Did You Know?
La Casa will give students who want to share the language and cultural experiences of living in a Spanish-speaking setting the opportunity to do so without having to study abroad! La Casa empowers students to develop Spanish language fluency and builds confidence in student’s ability to engage in conversations when using the Spanish language.
- Using the language as a vehicle to explore different cultures
- Considering relevant global issues from different perspectives
- Serving the university and local community
- Having fun and making new friends
La Casa LLC
Phone: (479) 968-0636