Living Learning Communities (LLCs)
Mission: To provide learning experiences that connect residents to the ATU community, aid in academic readiness, and help students persist to graduation.
Vision: Establish a residential community built on interdependence that fosters experiential learning and identity development, through faculty facilitated activities and peer led residential programming.
What are Living Learning Communities or LLCs?
Our Living Learning Communities are a group of incoming freshmen students who share a common interest, live together in the same building/floor, and enroll in the same course associated with a specific LLC. LLCs give students the opportunity to engage deeply with their common academic course, blend learning across multiple disciplines, develop relationships with peers/administrators, and ease the transition to college. LLCs are an optional, highly beneficial experience; research shows that students who enroll in them earn higher GPAs and graduate at higher rates than non-LLC participants.
Why should I join?
- More likely to stay in college and graduate
- More likely to achieve higher academic standing with exclusive academic support initiatives
- Easier access to faculty
- Unique exclusive opportunities:
- Major specific programs and services, conference attendance opportunities, study abroad
opportunities, travel away, LLC specific tutors, faculty access, specialty labs,
connections to alumni and potential career opportunities/internships
- *Exclusive opportunities vary from LLC to LLC*
- Major specific programs and services, conference attendance opportunities, study abroad opportunities, travel away, LLC specific tutors, faculty access, specialty labs, connections to alumni and potential career opportunities/internships
ATU Living Learning Communities (LLCs)
Mary B. Gunter Leadership
Resorts & Recreation