Applying For Housing
Living on campus allows students make new connections, excel academically and develop skills valuable for life and the work place. Arkansas Tech offers diverse residence halls with communities to support and encourage students.
How to Apply FOR HOUSING
Applying for housing is simple. Follow the next steps:
- Click on Apply for Housing, you will be taken to the StarRez housing portal
- Login with the Tech credentials provided in your admission letter
- Select the proper term
- Verify your personal details
- Apply to a Living Learning Community (optional)
- Complete your profile as accurate as possible
- Create a roommate group and add a roommate or two
- Select your room preferences, in case the Department of Residence Life as to place you in a room
- Pay the $25 application fee (new residents)
- Sign the contract and wait to receive an email with a timeslot (date and time) for room selection
- After receiving a timeslot, log into the housing portal to select your room, make the prepayment/deposit, and select your meal plan.
Academic Year 2019-2020
When to Apply: Application and room selecion are already underway. The application will not close when classes start. However, it is better to apply early and select your own room. Students who apply but do not select a room by mid-July, will be assigned a room by the Department of Residence Life.
Move-In Day: Saturday, August 17, 2019.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2019-2020 (Spring 20 only)
When to Apply:
- Housing application: Opens October 1st, 2019
- Contract and Room Prepayment: Opens 1st week of November 2019
Room Assignment: 2nd week of November 2019. Depending on room availability, Residence Life will assign you a room based on your room preferences. You will receive an email with the room assignment. You may also log into the housing portal periodically to check on your room assignment.
Room Prepayment: Due as soon as a room is assigned.
Meal Plan Selection: Due immediately after making room prepayment. Tech Platinum I will be assigned to students who do not select a meal plan as soon as prepayment is made.
Academic Year 2020-2021
When to Apply:
- Housing application and Living Learning Community application: Opens August 1st, 2019
- Contract and Room Prepayment: Opens November 1st, 2019 for all students (please note new date)
- Room Selection:
- Current residents "Calling Dibs": February 03, 2020
- Living Learning Community Participants: March 01, 2020
- New Residents (incoming freshmen & transfer students): May 04, 2020 (beginning with students who attend TechAdvise)
- Meal Plan Selection: opens immediately after selecting a room
Move-In Day: Saturday, August 15, 2020.
Need to stay on campus during winter break, end of spring, or summer? No problem. Visit additional housing for more information on summer housing and extended stay.