Two Year Residency Policy
Arkansas Tech University has a two year live on experience. Students between the ages
of 18 and 21, and with fewer than 60 earned credit hours of college work (excluding
high school concurrent credit), who are Russellville campus students are required
to live on campus or in their parent or legal guardian’s permanent home within a 30-mile
Requests for Exemption to the 2-Year Residency Policy
Students needing to live off campus are expected to submit an Exemption Request through
the housing portal, check the appropriate reason for this request and provide all
necessary documentation specified on the form. Accompanying documentation can be submitted
using the exemption form on the housing portal or can be emailed to email@example.com.
1. Exemption Eligibility
To qualify for a housing exemption, a student must:
- Be parent, OR
- Be married, OR
- Be at least 21 years of age by the first day of classes, OR
- Have earned 60 college credit hours (excluding concurrent high school credit) or more;
- Have lived on the ATU campus for 2 full academic years (fall or spring) or more, OR
- Live with a parent or legal guardian within 30 miles from the Russellville campus.
Requires the following:
- A notarized commuter form. Download form here.
- The One Stop Shop on the Russellville campus has a notary free of charge
- A copy of the parent/legal guardian's driver's license. The address on the driver's
license must match the commuting address where the student will live for the academic
year and the personal information on the ATU system
- To update emergency contact: login OneTech, select Personal Information, click on
Update Emergency Contacts
2. Priority Date
Request for exemption must be completed prior to signing a housing contract and is
- August 1 for the fall semester
- December 1 for the spring semester
Requests submitted after those dates will be reviewed but may take a longer processing
3. Review Timeline
- The Residence Life Exemption Committee reviews requests on a monthly basis during
the regular academic year and weekly summer terms.
- Requests and all documentation must be received within 24 hours of the committee meeting
or the case will be moved to the following month.
- The Committee reviews all documentation submitted and their decision is final. Only
the information you submit in writing will be considered when reviewing your request.
- Once your application is reviewed by the Department of Residence life you will be
notified via your ATU email regarding the outcome of your exemption request.
4. How to Request a Housing Exemption
- Login the housing portal with OneTech credentials
- Select Forms from the menu
- Click on Contract Termination Request
- Complete the form
- Attached all pertinent documentation or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a Housing Exemption [Housing Portal]
Note: A residence life exemption is needed for scholarships to apply. There will be no
automatic exemptions granted except to students who lived on the ATU campus at least
4 semester and providing they did not sign a housing contract for the term in question.