Schedule Changes for Distance Learners
and Night Students
Adding, Dropping, and Changing Sections(click here for total withdraw information)
After the Semester has Begun (follow thestandard steps for schedule changesbefore the semester begins)
Schedule changes can only be made in the Registrar's Office once the semester begins, and are subject to a $10 course change fee.
These procedures apply only to Distance Learners and Night Students.
Distance Learnersare those enrolled in web-based classes only, or off-location classes that do not meet on the Tech campus.
Night Studentsare those whose classes all meet after 5:00 PM, and who are unable to be on the Tech campus during normal office hours.
Schedule Change Steps:
- Log into OneTechand select the Student tab.
- Click Registration Statusto check student registration eligibility and totalearned hours. Confirm the correct major is shown (if not, complete and submit aChange of Majorform).NOTE: Students with holds must contact the appropriate office and resolve the hold prior to making registration changes.
- The student will submit their request for schedule change by either:
- faxing, or emailing an image or PDF file via their OneTech account, a completed and signed Add/Drop form to their advisor. The advisor will then sign and fax/email the PTR to theRegistrar's Officefor processing. Or,
- sending an email request, via their OneTech account, to their advisor containing: a) the student's full name and T-number, and b) the CRN, Subject, Course/Section numbers, and indication of adding or dropping for each course to be changed. The advisor will then complete an Add/Drop form, and fax/email it with the student's email to the Registrar's Office for processing.The completed Add/Drop form must be received by the Registrar's Office by 5:00 PM on the last day to register/add classes.NOTE:If changing sections only, the advisor's signature is not required; the student will submit the otherwise completed Add/Drop form to the Registrar's Office for processing.NOTE: Course section numbers may indicate unusual course characteristics, such as meeting at a location other than the Russellville campus, or a mixed technology class that is web-based and occasionally meets on campus. Refer toSection Numbers Decodedfor more information.NOTE: Students enrolling in web-based courses can visiteTechfor eLearning resources and important course-related information.
- Check the class schedule; it is the student's responsibility to verify the registration has been completed accurately, so it is recommended that students print a copy of their class schedule for their records. Students may view their schedule by selecting Student Schedule, which is listed underRegistration Tools. Refer toBuilding Abbreviationsfor helpful information and a link to the campus map.
- Pay charges and/or confirm financial settlement according to Fee Payment Policy. Visit theStudent Accountswebsite for information concerning cost, payment, and obtaining Tech IDs, and theFinancial Aidwebsite for more information on loans/grants/scholarships/etc.
Important information: Students who have enrolled in classes but decide not to attend Tech must officially withdraw from classes. See Withdrawing for more information.