Late Registration for Distance Learners
and Night Students
These registration procedures apply only to Distance Learners and Night Students.
Distance Learners are those enrolled in web-based classes only, or off-location classes that do not meet on the Tech campus.
Night Students are those whose classes all meet after 5:00 PM, and who are unable to be on the Tech campus during normal office hours.
Students unable to register during normal registration periods may participate in late registration based on the semester's dates for late registration, but will be charged a $25 late registration fee (click for schedule changes).
Registration Steps for Distance/Night Students:
- Log intoOneTechand select the Student tab.
- Click Registration Statusto check student registration eligibility and totalearned hours. Confirm the correct major is shown (if not, complete and submit aChange of Majorform).NOTE: Students with holds must contact the appropriate office and resolve the hold prior to registration.
- Verify addresses and phones numbers are correct by selecting Update Addresses and Phones.
- Students must consult with their advisor before registering in classes. Who is your advisor? If an advisor has been assigned, the advisor will be listed under Academic Profile. If an advisor is not listed, contact the Academic Advising Center in Rothwell 107.
- The student will submit their request for registration by either:
- faxing, or emailing an image or PDF file viatheir OneTech account,a completed and signed Permit to Register to their advisor. The advisor will then sign and fax/email the PTR to theRegistrar's Officefor processing. Or,
- sending an email request, via their OneTech account, to their advisor containing: a) the student's full name and T-number, b) their request, indicating the semester, for registration, and c) the CRN, Subject, and Course and Section number(s) for each course. The advisor will then complete a PTR, and fax/email it with the student's email to theRegistrar's Officefor processing.The completed PTR must be received by the Registrar's Office by 5:00 PM on the last day to register/add classes.NOTE: Course section numbers may indicate unusual course characteristics, such as meeting at a location other than the Russellville campus, or a mixed technology class that is web-based and occasionally meets on campus. Refer toSection Numbers Decodedfor more information.NOTE: Students enrolling in web-based courses can visiteTechfor eLearning resources and important course-related information.
- Check the class schedule; it is the student's responsibility to verify the registration has been completed accurately, so it is recommended that students print a copy of their class schedule for their records. Students may view their schedule by selecting Student Schedule, which is listed underRegistration Tools. Refer toBuilding Abbreviationsfor helpful information and a link to the campus map.
- Pay charges and/or confirm financial settlement according to Fee Payment Policy. Visit theStudent Accountswebsite for information concerning cost, payment, and obtaining Tech IDs, and theFinancial Aidwebsite for more information on loans/grants/scholarships/etc.
- All students operating a vehicle on campus must purchase a Hang Tag. For information on Hang Tags and parking areas visitPublic Safety'swebsite.Official enrollment is contingent upon eligibility to enroll for future terms.
Important Information:Students who have enrolled in classes but decide not to attend Tech must officially withdraw from classes. See Withdrawing for more information.