Frequently Asked Questions
- What grade point average must I have to graduate?
Students must have a 2.0 cumulative grade point average in all course work, a 2.0 grade point average in their major, a 2.0 in their minor if applicable and not more than 25 percent of the semester hours may carry the grade of D.
- Will transfer work count toward my grade point average?
No, your grade point average will consist only of the course work you have completed at Arkansas Tech.
- Will my major and minor be listed on my diploma?
No; your major and minor are listed only on your transcript.
- Will my remedial hours count towards my graduation hours?
- How long will it be before I receive my diploma?Your diploma will be available for pickp with your walk card. You must have a photo id in order to pick up your diploma. If you do not pick up your diploma, it will be mailed to the address indicated on the back of your Name Announcement Card approximately 6-8 weeks after you have graduated.
- Do I have to pay a graduation / degree audit processing fee?
No, there is no longer a fee.
- When and where do I order my regalia (cap and gown)?The Tech Bookstore will have a designated week approximately 6-8 weeks before commencement where you can visit with a representative and order graduation announcements, rings, frames and your regalia. You may also visit their website to place orders online.
- When and where will I pick up my regalia?
Please check with the Bookstore with questions concerning your regalia.
- Will we rehearse for the graduation ceremony?No, but you will be given directions concerning the ceremony when you pick up your name announcement card.
- Will a photographer be available to take my picture?Yes, a professional photographer will take your picture as you cross the walkway and receive your diploma cover. Proofs will be mailed to the address indicated on the back of the name announcement card (within US only) after graduation and you may purchase pictures then.
- If I have a double degree will I participate in commencement twice?No; you will walk with the college preference you selected on your application for graduation. Your name, however, will be listed in the commencement program under both colleges in which you are earning degrees.
- What should I wear with my regalia?Women should wear dark dresses or dark dress pants with matching dress shoes (low heels are best). Men should wear dark dress pants with an appropriate shirt and dark dress shoes.
- Which side of my cap should I wear my tassel?Students need to wear their tassel on the right side of their cap until afterthe photographer has taken their picture during the diploma presentation.
- How do I know if I have honors and will receive an honors cord?If your cumulative GPA from the semester prior to your graduation term makes you eligible to be awarded academic honors, a gold honors cord will be given to you when you pick up your name announcement card.