Spring 2020 Grade Policies
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Arkansas Tech University will allow students to petition
for the Pass/No Credit grade instead of the letter grade earned for the Spring 2020
semester. Offering a Pass (P)/No Credit (NC) option is intended to provide flexibility for students
as they adapt to the unanticipated complications presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To minimize the impact of these complications on an individual student’s GPA, each
student has the option to convert any course to a Pass (P)/No Credit (NC) grading
scheme. The P/NC conversion is applicable only for Spring 2020. The full Spring 2020
Grading Policy can be viewed below.
If you are a student, who is confused as to whether or not you should switch to a P/NC grade you can use this decision tree to help you consider your decision. Additionally, there are programs, majors, and specific courses that require the letter grade of "C" or better in which this option would not be in the student's best interest. Please view the "Programs, Majors, Licensure, and Courses Requiring a 'C' or Better" document to help you better consider the option of changing to P/NC grade.
- Spring 2020 Grading Policy
- Decision Tree for P/NC Grade Option
- Programs, Majors, Licensure, and Courses Requiring the Grade of "C" or Better Note: The information in this document is provided as a resource and should not be considered as a substitute for the advisor. This document is not an exhaustive list of courses requiring a "C" or better, please consult the DegreeWorks academic plan or Catalog for detailed information.
- Petition for the Pass/No Credit Grade
- The deadline to petition for Spring 2020 graduates is May 29, 2020.
- The deadline to petition for students enrolled in the Spring 2020 term who are not graduating is August 3, 2020.