Computer Information Technology
Technical Certificate | Ozark Campus | In-Person
With the growing importance of computers in the workplace and the emphasis on more sophisticated technologies, qualified computer technicians are in high demand. This program is designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to become network administrators. Training includes microcomputer operating systems, basic networking skills, computer repair and troubleshooting skills, and Internet knowledge. This program of study prepares students to sit for the A+ Certification exam.
The Computer Information Systems program integrates and is certified in, Cisco CCNA Exploration: Network Fundamentals. CCNA Exploration prepares students for entry-level career opportunities, continuing education, and pursuit of globally recognized Cisco CCNA certification.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
- Students work on networking, computers, programming, etc. in the classroom and lab as well as on computers accepted for repair.
Skills You Will Learn
- Create web pages
- Design/create computer applications
- Install and support network media
- Install and support of computer applications software
- Install and support of computer operating software
- Install and support of network operating system software
- Install microcomputer peripheral devices
- Install/support network devices
- Prepare system/program documentation
- Troubleshoot/resolve computer hardware problems
- Troubleshoot/resolve computer software problems
- Use system design tools
About This Degree
In-State: $129 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $258 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school
code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
The AR Futures grant could cover your expenses for this credential. Check credential eligibility.
You could work as a(n):
- Computer Specialist
- Information Technology Developer
- Information Technology Specialist
- Network Specialist
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Tech University
- Arkansas Valley Electric Co-Op
- Bank OZK
- Public School Districts
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Professional Studies
Point of Pride
Our award-winning program has multiple Gold, Silver and Bronze medalists from State Championships in Computer Information categories from SkillsUSA State and Nation competitions.
Technology and Academic Support Building
1700 Helberg Lane
Ozark, AR 72949