Certificate of Proficiency | Ozark Campus | In-Person
The Culinary Arts program at the Arkansas Tech University Career Center utilizes the ProStart Program, which introduces students to careers in the hospitality industry. The goal of the program is to prepare students to be managers in hospitality settings.
The ProStart Program is implemented through the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation and the Arkansas Hospitality Association.
Each student learns important job skills, including interviewing and social etiquette. Everyone will make a portfolio to take to job interviews. The two-year program includes 25 subject areas that include basic and quantity food preparation, accounting and cost control, sanitation, and workplace safety.
Students will earn a five-year ServSafe Food Managers Certification through the National Restaurant Association, which sets them apart, and are highly regarded from those who are not certified.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
- An abundance of hands-on training accompanies lecture and textbook learning.
- Field trips to various sites help enhance the classroom studies.
- Students utilize a commercial kitchen onsite for laboratory and classroom instruction.
Skills You Will Learn
- Creating a Business Plan/Model
- Developing Leadership skills in a Managerial Setting.
- Using Culinary Math for Recipe Conversion
- Working with others in groups
About This Degree
In-State: $129 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $258 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school
code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
The AR Futures grant could cover your expenses for this credential. Check credential eligibility.
You could work as a(n):
- Assistant Manager Trainee
- Chef’s Assistant
- Sous Chef
Alumni of our program work at:
- Restaurants across the state
Point of Pride
Our students scored first place in the SkillsUSA competition.