student learning outcomes
Upon completion of the Registered Nursing Program, the student will:
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver competent nursing care in a manner that minimizes risk to patient, self, and others independently.
- Demonstrate effective communication, both oral and written.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide theory based, individualized, culturally sensitive therapeutic nursing care to patient and families.
- Demonstrate ability to think critically and manage diverse patient populations in a variety of health care settings.
- Effectively utilize all stages of the nursing process (assessment, data analysis, planning, implementation and evaluation) when caring for a wide variety of patients.
- Adhere to ethical and legal standards.
- Demonstrates professionalism through participation in activities addressing quality of care and leadership in nursing.
- Utilize research strategies and informatics to continuously monitor and improve the quality and safety of clinical practice.