All TECHAdvise 2022 Group Sessions have passed.
Please see information below for booking an individual appointment.
We're 100% dedicated to your strong start, which is why we are happy to offer individual one-hour appointments with one of our professional academic and career advisors. You will receive your fall 2022 class schedule at your appointment. You will also have the opportunity to receive your student ID, set up your Post Office Box and visit with other offices on campus.
During your appointment, you'll lock in your schedule and gain the tools you need to have your best freshman year. We believe in you and your future -- we're here to make sure you achieve it.
You must be admitted to Arkansas Tech University before you can sign up for an individual appointment. If you have questions about your admissions status, check your OneTech account or contact Admissions at (479) 968-0343.
Individual Appointment Details
Contact the Advising Center
Individual appointments are in-person* and take place in the Center for Academic Advising and Career Development located in Rothwell Hall, Suite 107. Visitor Parking is available on West O Street in front of Rothwell Hall.
Please contact the Academic Advising Center at (479) 964-0843 to discuss appointment options.
PARKING & CHECK-IN
Visitor Parking is available on West O Street in front of Rothwell Hall. You will check-in at the front desk of the Center for Academic Advising and Career Development, located in Rothwell Hall, Suite 107, on the first floor. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for your appointment to complete incoming freshman paperwork.
Items to Bring
- Government-issued ID
- Driver's license, state ID, passport or military ID
- Missing admissions documents
- High school or college transcripts, test scores (ACT, etc...), AP credit, shot records showing proof of two MMR immunizations
- Umbrella or rain jacket (pending the weather forecast)
- Rain or shine, you will be walking around campus. Please plan accordingly for weather.
UPLOADING YOUR ID PHOTO
Your TECH ID card provides access to residence halls, food services, the library, athletic events, discounts at participating merchants in the area and more. All students must have a TECH ID.
To ensure your ID is ready for your session, please see the approved photo policy below. All uploads must be received at least 48 hours (2 business days) before your appointment.
If you are a concurrent student, please bring your current TECH ID with you so you can trade it in for a new one!
To receive your TECH ID, you must show a current government-issued ID (driver's license, state ID, passport or military ID).
Instructions for uploading your photo through OneTech:
- Log in to OneTech with your username and password.
- Access the main menu next to the ATU Logo.
- From the main menu, click "Self-Service Banner (SSB)"
- Click on the "Student" tab
- Locate the "Online Student ID Request" block.
- Follow the prompts to submit an ID request.
- If you need help uploading your photo, please contact the Card Office, Brown Hall, Suite 242 or Phone: (479) 880-4292.
Approved Photo Policy:
- Unaltered/unedited picture taken recently
- Solid-colored, light, plain backdrop (not white or dark)
- Full face view directly facing the camera, nothing obscuring the face
- No hats or sunglasses
- Smiling or neutral facial expression with both eyes open
- Individual photo with no other people/things/animals
- .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, or .bmp
- At least 300px by 300px in size (or 3cm by 3cm)
- 8MB maximum file size for any image
- How to Upload Photo and Government ID:
- Take a photo of yourself using the guidelines above.
- Take a photo of a government-issued ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport or military ID). Make sure the ID photo, name and birthday are visible in the photo.
- Upload the photos of your government-issued ID and the photo you would like for your TECH ID.
Upload Photos Similar To This:
What if all TECHAdvise sessions are full?
No problem - we're happy to offer you an individual advising appointment. Please contact the Sturgis Academic Advising Center at (479) 964-0843 to discuss your Freshman Registration Appointment options.
What is OneTech?
As an Arkansas Tech student, your OneTech provides access to your Tech email account, class schedule, Blackboard account, transcript, billing invoice, campus event announcements and more. You can access OneTech through the Arkansas Tech home page or through your browser at onetech.atu.edu.
For security reasons, once you are enrolled in classes faculty and staff may only respond to emails sent from your Tech email. Please check OneTech regularly once you are actively enrolled at ATU.
You must be admitted as an Arkansas Tech student and have access to your OneTech portal to sign up for TECHAdvise.
If you need help activating your OneTech, please visit webapps.atu.edu/ams/.
How do I check my ATU Email?
You can access your ATU email at mail.atu.edu. Use the same username and password as your OneTech to sign in.
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is an online software tool that ATU uses for many of its academic functions. You sign in using the same credentials as your OneTech. You can access Blackboard through the Arkansas Tech home page or through your browser at bblearn.atu.edu.
How do I change/declare my major?
How do I request changes to my schedule?
If you have questions or would like to make a change to your schedule, contact your advisor with the changes you would like to make.
How will I select my housing?
Click here for more information about the housing application process.
Are you a parent or guardian of a fall 2022 student?
For a full list of offices and more, visit Tech A-Z.
Rothwell Hall 107, Center for Academic Advising and Career Development
Brown Hall 104
W.O. Young Building
Doc Bryan 233
Brown Hall 206
Doc Bryan 233
Brown Hall 241
Doc Bryan 104