What You Will Learn
What Is The Nursing Degree?
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing is housed within the College of Natural and Health
Sciences for those in the pursuit of a Registered Nurse license through the NCLEX-RN
examination after graduation. The curriculum is focused on field-necessary coursework
and hands-on experiences to ensure professionalism in practice upon completion of
licensure. This program is structured with 3 semesters of pre-requisite coursework
before students may apply to be accepted as Nursing students with the department.
Upon acceptance into the program, students will receive instruction through classroom,
skills and simulation laboratory work as well as clinical assignments in various health
What Will I Learn In This Program?
- Core understanding of human anatomy and physiology, and pathophysiology
- How to plan implement and evaluate theory-based therapeutic nursing care to patients, their families, and the community
- Application of critical thinking to healthcare decisions
- Demonstrating mastery of nursing skills
What Courses Will I Take?
The Academic Advising Center has created maps that are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the current Undergraduate Catalog. On each Degree Map, the milestones listed to the right of each term are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
What Resources Are Available To Me?
- National Student Nurses’ Association
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Nurses Association
- American Red Cross
- National League of Nursing
- Arkansas Nurses Association
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing
Additional resources specifically for Tech students:
Where Might I Find A Job After Graduating From This Program?
The Nursing degree is designed to prepare students for a career as a Registered Nurse
with options to work in a variety of health care agencies such as hospitals, surgery
centers, and hospice care. Students in this program can think out of the box with
this degree through positions with schools, insurance companies or industries, as
well while utilizing their knowledge and public health expertise in the health care
Where Can I Get More Information About The Nursing Degree?
For more information about the Nursing degree and requirements, see the program within the College of Natural and Health Sciences catalog.