Student Learning Outcomes
- Functions as a safe, competent, self-directed, professional nurse
- Provides theory based therapeutic nursing care to patient, family and community
- Collaborates in caregiving, communicating, teaching, advocating and managing diverse patient populations in a variety of health care settings.
- Integrates critical thinking processes and evidence-based findings in their practice to enhance overall delivery of care.
- Utilizes research strategies and informatics to continuously monitor and improve the quality and safety of clinical practice.
- Values lifelong learning and the pursuit of higher education.
- Achieves educational and professional goals.
Participate in research, disseminate results, and incorporate research findings into the role of nurse administrator.
Assume leadership roles in managing care in a variety of seetings, develop emergency/disaster response plans, and influence healthcare policy.
Communicate effectively to provide cost effective ethically responsible healthcare to culturally diverse populations.
Assess educational needs of staff, emergency medical personnel, and others related to mass casualty incidents; plan and impletment programs specific to those needs; provide leadership in knowledge development and the evaluation of educational programs.