Publications & Print Design
The University Relations Print Team offers Publication and Print Design services to Arkansas Tech faculty, staff, and student groups. Let us lend our 15+ years of experience working in print design and marketing to your creative endeavors.
To ensure a simple and seamless design process, please review our services list, best practices, past work, and design templates prior to requesting a project. Consultations are available upon request to discuss all of your creative needs.
We help our clients define and achieve their marketing goals.
Print Services can be requested via the MARCOMM project manager Robohead.
- T-shirt Design
- Promotional Items
- Logo/Brand Development
- Printing offered for up to 150 copies at sizes 11x17, 8 1/2x11, if client provides paper
- Anything else that meets your print needs
- Make sure the project is approved and that the proper departmental funds are allocated
before a project is requested.
- Finalize, proofread and get approval for all text in your document before submitting
a project request form.
- Use photos sourced from the Zenfolio university photo database.
- At each step of the process, all feedback/changes should come through the person who
submitted the project.
- In order to maintain the level of brand consistency set by Arkansas Tech University,
all graphics intended for use in any form will be created or approved by University
Relations. Suggestions on color scheme and/or images may be offered but may or may
not be used at the discretion of the creative staff.
- When specifying a due date on a project, keep in mind that the due date refers to the date the artwork will be delivered to you, not the final printed project. Remember to build in time for printing.
The following is a sample design process to help our clients understand the steps involved in requesting, designing, and receiving print artwork. Not every request will follow this exact outline, but it will give you a good idea of what to expect from Creative Services.
A timeline for receiving artwork from project request submission to artwork delivery date can range from three days to two-three months depending on the size of the project.
Though we try to accommodate rush jobs, some rush jobs may not be accepted when doing so will compromise the schedule of ongoing time-sensitive projects.
Sample Project Timeline
- Gather inspiration for project.
- Secure approval and funding for project.
- Proofread all text to be submitted.
- Submit project request to MARCOMM via Robohead.
Gather inspiration for your projects or view our past work by checking out our past work here.
Creative Services reserves the right to deny/close a project request based on the following factors:
- Incomplete request form
- Improper use of university branding
- More than three weeks have passed without a review response from client
If a project requires more than three versions, it will move to the bottom of the priority queue and is at risk of not being completed by your deadline.
Artwork for printed materials such as brochures, posters and flyers must be approved or produced by the Office of University Relations per the stationery and publications policy approved by the executive council.
University Relations reminds staff and students that all materials containing the Arkansas Tech name, athletic nicknames or logos must be approved by the Office of University Relations and purchased through a licensed vendor. This includes items purchased by student organizations, campus departments, Arkansas Tech-Ozark Campus and the Arkansas Tech Career Center located near Russellville High School.
*If you have issues with submitting your request, please contact Liz Underwood at (479) 968-0402.