Women's Week Art exhibit
The Department of Campus Life will be celebrating Women's Week week with programming focused on the theme, #WomenWithAWhy. Due to the success of the art exhibit over the last few years, we will again host an art contest during our week of events. We are looking for students to display art work based on our theme, #WomenWithAWhy.
Students can submit any kind of work of art to be displayed in the Witherspoon lobby from March 9-13. The work will be judged Monday, March 9, and the winning student will be awarded a $500 prize at the Art Exhibit Open House on Wednesday, March 11 at 6:30 pm in Witherspoon Lobby. Works will be judged by art professors in the River Valley community.
Overall Concept: The subject matter should be related to our theme, #WomenWithAWhy. Students should base their design using their inspiration for pursuing higher education, their academic major, a career, or life goal. This may come from personal experiences as well as social observations.
- Work should have been completed since the student has been in college.
- Work should be no more than three years old.
- Works should be displayed professionally. Framing and mounting is not required.
- Maximum size: Work must fit in the display cases in Witherspoon Lobby.
- Any work that does not fit in the display case is not eligible.
- Entry Regulations:
- The student can submit up to three (3) works.
- Works should be dropped off at Witherspoon Lobby on Friday, March 6 between 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm.
- Works can be picked up on Friday, March 13 at 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm in the Witherspoon Lobby. Any work not picked up that afternoon becomes property of the Department of Campus Life.
- Each work should have a name tag attached to the backs of all works entered. Tags should include name, title, media, price, and contact information of the student.
For any questions, please contact Campus Life at 479.968.0276 or email@example.com.