Guidelines and Registration
Arkansas Regional and National JSHS
Any high school teacher, academic counselor, or administrator may nominate a high school student to compete in the Symposium. Nominees from grades 9 thru 12 from any public, private, or home school in Arkansas are eligible to attend the Arkansas JSHS symposium and to submit a poster or paper on an original research project, providing all requirements are met in a timely fashion. No group research projects may be presented. Students may not present both a poster and a paper. All posters properly submitted will be entered into competition. All papers will be submitted to a panel of judges for pre-screening. Twelve papers and two alternates will be chosen for presentation. Presenters will be advised of the status of their paper at least one week prior to the symposium.
Students who wish to be considered for an oral presentation should register and submit their papers by February 1st.
Categories for original research papers are:
- Environmental Science
- Life Science
- Biomedical Science
- Medicine and Health/ Behavioral Science
- Physical Science
- Engineering and Technology
- Math and Computer Science/ computer engineering
- Guidelines for submitting a research paper
- Guidelines for presenting a research paper
- Guidelines and rules for presenting a poster
- Guidelines for conduct
- Writing a good scientific paper
- Making good tables and figures
- Poster registration form (submit at check-in)
- Statement of Outside Assistance (required for online registration for poster and oral presenters)
Click here to get started with registration (and the paper submission process). [Registration for 2020 will open early January]
Questions? Please call or email Dr. Young email@example.com or 479-880-4183).