ISS Pandemic Recovery information
Contacting ISS During COVID-19
The DSOs (Sabrina, Sara, and Yasu) will be available to answer ATU international students' questions via Webex Teams video call or chat. To comply with social distancing and contribute to the health of our community, we encourage all international students to contact us via Webex instead of making in-person appointments. If you do not need to meet with us physically, then please call by phone, email, Webex video call, or Webex message us during our regular business hours from 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Thank you for contributing to the health of our campus!
Instructions for Webex1. Install Webex Teams application and sign-on using your OneTech credentials (desktop or mobile)
2. Search for the DSO you wish to contact (Yasushi Onodera, Sabrina Anwar, or Sara Chronister) and make a "Webex Teams Call" (this will begin your video call with the DSO)
Spring 2021 F1 Visa Guidance for Continuing Students
Fall 2020 F1 Visa Guidance for Continuing Students
[Updated on August 7, 2020]
[Updated on July 23, 2020]Please note that this is a rapidly developing and fluid situation and is subject to change. Student and Exchange Visitor Program is releasing updates regularly. International Student Services will monitor the ICE Guidance Page and other official sources for updates to communicate these changes as quickly as we can. Please continue to monitor this page as we will post the most up-to-date information. On July 14, 2020, the Fall 2020 Guidance released by ICE on July 6, 2020 was rescinded. SEVP guidance has returned to the status quo established by the March 9, 2020 policy and subsequent Frequently Asked Questions.
Based on this information:
- Current ATU F1 students who are in the U.S. can maintain their SEVIS Active status if they are making normal progress in their course of study and meet all other F-1 requirements. Face-to-face courses are not required.
- Current ATU F1 students who are outside of the U.S. can maintain their SEVIS Active status as they enroll in online courses (TC sections) if they are making normal progress in their course of study and meet all other F-1 requirements.
- Current ATU F1 students will be out of status if they enroll in less than a full time course load*
* Full time course loads are: for undergraduate students: 12 credits, graduate students: 9 credits, and graduate students with graduate assistantships: 6 credits. (Exceptions may apply. Contact ISS / DSOs with questions.)