Contacting ISS During COVID-19
The DSOs (Sabrina, Sara) will be available to answer ATU international students' questions
in-person, by phone, by email, or Webex message during our regular business hours
from 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Thank you for contributing to the health
of our campus!
Instructions for Webex
1. Install Webex Teams application and sign-on using your OneTech credentials (desktop or mobile)
2. Search for the DSO you wish to contact (Sabrina Anwar or Sara Chronister) and make
a "Webex Teams Call" (this will begin your video call with the DSO)
Spring 2022 F1 Visa Guidance for Continuing Students
[Updated on November 19, 2021]
All guidelines and regulations will revert to the the pre-COVID rules regarding online
classes and out-of-country students. As a reminder, the rules are as follows:
- Current ATU students can only maintain Active I-20s and Active SEVIS status if they
physically attend classes on the ATU campus. Students taking classes outside of the
U.S. or outside of Arkansas can no longer maintain Active status. Students outside
of the U.S. with all online schedules will not be able to keep Active I-20s beginning
in January 2022 and will face termination of their status if they choose to remain
outside of the U.S.
- Face-to-face courses are required to maintain F1 status. Students must take a majority
of classes in person:
- Undergraduate/Bachelor level students must take 12 credit hours with at least 9 credit
hours face-to-face. Only 3 online credit hours will count towards full time enrollment.
- Graduate/Master level students must take 9 credit hours with at least 6 credit hours
face-to-face. Only 3 online credit hours will count towards full time enrollment.
- Students with Graduate Assistantships (GA) must take 6 credit hours with at least
3 credit hours face-to-face. Only 3 credit hours will count toward full time enrollment.
Fall 2021 F1 Visa Guidance for Continuing Students
Existing COVID-19 Guidance Continues for Fall 2021
Spring 2021 F1 Visa Guidance for Continuing Students
Existing COVID-19 Guidance Continues for Spring 2021
Fall 2020 F1 Visa Guidance for Continuing Students
[Updated on August 7, 2020]
Frequently Asked Questions for SEVP Stakeholders about COVID-19 was updated.
[Updated on July 23, 2020]
Please note that this is a rapidly developing and fluid situation and is subject to
change. Student and Exchange Visitor Program is releasing updates regularly. International
Student Services will monitor the ICE Guidance Page and other official sources for updates to communicate these changes as quickly as
we can. Please continue to monitor this page as we will post the most up-to-date information.
On July 14, 2020, the Fall 2020 Guidance released by ICE on July 6, 2020 was rescinded.
SEVP guidance has returned to the status quo established by the March 9, 2020 policy and subsequent Frequently Asked Questions.
Based on this information:
- Current ATU F1 students who are in the U.S. can maintain their SEVIS Active status
if they are making normal progress in their course of study and meet all other F-1
requirements. Face-to-face courses are not required.
- Current ATU F1 students who are outside of the U.S. can maintain their SEVIS Active
status as they enroll in online courses (TC sections) if they are making normal progress
in their course of study and meet all other F-1 requirements.
- Current ATU F1 students will be out of status if they enroll in less than a full time
* Full time course loads are: for undergraduate students: 12 credits, graduate students:
9 credits, and graduate students with graduate assistantships: 6 credits. (Exceptions
may apply. Contact ISS / DSOs with questions.)