Primary health care is offered to students on an outpatient basis. This includes the following:
- treatment of minor acute illnesses or injuries
- flu shots
- allergy shots ordered by private physician
- blood pressure monitoring
- monitoring of body mass index
- loan of crutches, wheelchair, heating pad
- individual, group, and couples counseling
- women's health services one day a week.
- clinical laboratory procedures
- glucose monitoring
- blood tests
- limited STD testing
Students are seen by appointment and are screened and assessed by a health care provider. Students may be treated by one of our advanced practice registered nurses including obtaining a prescription if appropriate or referral to a local health care provider if the nature of the visit requires such.
All students are eligible for health services. A portion of the general student fee (tuition) is set aside for the health service. All services with other health care providers or agencies are at the student's own expense. The local hospital provides physician services on a 24-hour basis for emergencies.
Faculty and staff needing information regarding local health providers are welcome to contact the Health and Wellness Center for more information. At this time, health services are offered to students only.