|Position:||Part time; Starting salary $ 12.15/ hourly|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of statistical research principles and practices.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of compilation and analysis of research and statistical data.
- Knowledge of various computer programs related to data collection and analysis.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis of data.
- Ability to interpret statistical analysis results and translate into recommendations.
- Ability to compile research and statistical information into report form.
TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Determines sources of data and methods of collection and develops necessary forms and documentation.
- Researches journals, periodicals, historical records, and related reports and/or interviews project participants to gather data.
- Advises or assists faculty, management, or other staff in data collection methods, data sources, and statistical analysis.
- Selects, extracts, and prepares data for statistical analysis, manually or by computer, according to project or program guidelines.
- Computes statistical analysis of data and analyzes interactions between factors, managing data, analyzing data, and presenting findings as required.
- Analyses statistical and survey information for accuracy and industry validity.
- Interprets and translates results into recommendations concerning collected data and interprets survey methods and procedures to participants and all related confidentiality regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Some travel may be required within a 14 county area and overnight travel.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in mathematics, chemistry, biology, or related field. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- One year of DCFS experience
- Experience working on grants and meeting contract deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Research Assistant is responsible for collecting and compiling various research and statistical data. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org