Public Safety Officer II - Extra Labor
|Position:||Part time; Starting salary $ 13.39/ hourly|
|Work Hours:||Monday - Thursday; Approximately 16 hours per week|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Ozark, AR|
|Deadline:||Open until filled|
|Hire Date:||Open until filled|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of law enforcement practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of traffic and criminal laws.
- Knowledge of motor vehicle operation.
- Knowledge of proper use of firearms and safety.
- Knowledge of criminal investigation procedures.
- Ability to direct traffic for an orderly flow.
- Ability to interrogate suspects and witnesses.
- Ability to handle and use firearms.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles.
TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains security of assigned area and enforces traffic laws and parking regulations.
- Patrols assigned areas for traffic violations and illegal parking, issuing citations as needed.
- Responds to alarms and calls for assistance, investigates accidents and reported crimes, arrests violators, prepares official reports of accidents and criminal investigations, and testifies in court as required.
- Checks buildings for unlocked doors, or unlocks doors in emergency situations, and assists in the orderly evacuation of buildings when necessary.
- May be required to fight fires, operate fire fighting equipment, investigate fires to determine cause, conduct inspections of buildings for fire code violations, and write reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus one year of experience in law enforcement or a related area. Must be certified or be able to become certified within one year of employment by the Arkansas Law Enforcement Standards Training Academy as a Police Officer in accordance with ACA 12-9-106 or an approved law enforcement training academy. Must possess a valid state motor vehicle license. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Public Safety Officer II is responsible for providing campus safety and security. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.com