Administrative Specialist II - Temporary Position
|Salary:||Part time; $11.25/hourly|
Open until filled
|Hire date:||April 5, 2021 - End date of June 30, 2021|
About Arkansas Tech:
Founded in 1909, Arkansas Tech is a state supported comprehensive institution, maintaining regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and classification as a Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) level III institution. It is the third-largest in the state with an enrollment close to 12,000 students. The Russellville campus, located in the scenic Arkansas River Valley between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, is just one hour from the capital city of Little Rock and boasts a charming blend of historic and modern architecture, including beautiful grounds and greenery. Offering over 100 undergraduate and more than 25 graduate degree programs across seven academic colleges and two campuses, Arkansas Tech provides a solid educational foundation for life-long learning to a diverse community. For more information about Arkansas Tech University and the surrounding community, please visit our website at www.atu.edu/hr to find our “Live Here” informational resources.
About the Position:
The Administrative Specialist II is responsible for researching and preparing special reports, examining and verifying documents, and performing general office duties. This position is governed by state and federal laws and institution policy.
- Researches various data storage and/or computer records to obtain information and compiles data for reports.
- Composes and types routine correspondence and form letters, maintains activity logs and/or financial ledgers, and submits reports to supervisor.
- Reviews documents including applications, forms, vouchers, records, and reports for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with laws and regulations, makes necessary corrections, and assigns file numbers.
- Provides information, assistance, and clarification to interested parties concerning agency/institution policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing or revising agency/institution policies, procedures, and directives based on research findings and compiles financial information used to formulate budget proposals and monitor expenditures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of record keeping procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of mathematics and statistics. Knowledge
of work-related subject area. Knowledge of computers and software applications. Ability
to conduct research and compile data into report form. Ability to establish and maintain
filing systems. Ability to operate standard office equipment. Ability to analyze documents
to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus one year of experience in a specialized or related area applicable to work performed.
- Additional requirements determined by the institution for recruiting purposes require
review and approval by the Arkansas Division of Higher Education.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Experience with alpha and numeric data entry and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in customer service with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in multi-tasking in a high traffic environment
- Experience in an office environment
- Experience in human resources
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.