*If you need to request an accommodation or leave of absence due to COVID-19, you will need to file an electronic request. For instructions, please click here.
Benefit Information during the pandemic
ATU would like to highlight some of the medical plan benefits during this extraordinary time.
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield Information
In addition, UAMS HealthNow is offering free screenings for all Arkansans who have questions about whether they may have the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. UAMS HealthNow is the 24-hour digital connection to health care professionals that the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) began in January. People who have symptoms and who have been exposed to COVID-19 are urged not to visit a physician’s office, urgent care clinic, emergency room or hospital without first talking to the facility and getting instructions on how to prevent spreading the virus to health care providers and other patients. To access UAMS HealthNow, go to and click on the screening tool. This service will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to patients of all ages across the state of Arkansas and can be accessed from a smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer.
To view additional details of your policy as related to COVID-19, please click here.
Take these everyday actions to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze with the inside of your elbow (not your hands). Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that are frequently touched or may be contaminated with germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Hint: sing the “Happy Birthday” twice. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.