What You Will Learn
What is the Health & Physical Education Degree?
The Bachelor of Science in Health & Physical Education for teacher licensure is housed
within the College of Education. Advanced work through teaching internships are required
for the program to achieve the licensure requirements in grades K through 12.
What Will I Learn In This Program?
- Motor skill development, including all physiological and biomedical concepts.
- Achieving and maintaining a health-enhancing level of fitness.
- Planning and implementation of program and instructional goals, utilizing available resources and adapting for necessary accommodations.
- Recognition of changing environments to adjust instruction.
- Effective use of assessment methods.
- Demonstration of professionalism through communication, conduct, and respect.
What Courses Will I Take?
The Academic Advising Center has created maps that are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the current Undergraduate Catalog. On each Degree Map, the milestones listed to the right of each term are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
What Resources Are Available To Me?
- National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Council for Children’s Expanded Physical Education
Additional resources specifically for Tech students:
Where Might I Find A Job After Graduating From This Program?
Positions within the Health & Physical Education fields vary from training and coaching to wellness advising. Students can think out of the box with this major as well through careers in sports management and nutrition coaching.
While this program is primarily geared toward those who wish to teach at the junior
or senior high level, opportunities may also exist within the realms of public education
and private coaching to adults and/or children.
Where Can I Get More Information About The Health & Physical Education Degree?
For more information about the Health & Physical Education degree and requirements, see the program within the College of Education catalog.