Homecoming Queen and King Nominee
The time has to come to nominate for 2020 Homecoming Queen. Each Registered Student Organization (RSO) and Residence Hall has the opportunity to nominate one (1) female and one (1) male to be on the ballot. All nominations should be submitted by Friday, September 11, 2020 at 5 pm. No late nominations will be accepted.
Along with this nomination form a check for $25.00 entry fee must be submitted to Student Affairs, Doc Bryan Suite 233. (Checks made payable to Campus Life - Homecoming). The entry fee pays for plaques, and other nominee activity costs.
- Each nominee must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours, be a full time student, and be in good standing with the University.
- No alternate nominees will be accepted if the candidate is not eligible.
- Candidates may be jointly sponsored by up to two (2) RSOs or residence halls.
- Queen nominees should be able to attend scheduled events. Reasonable exceptions will be made.
- The Homecoming Queen informational meeting is on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 6 PM in Young Ballroom. All Homecoming nominees must attend this meeting.
- Homecoming Queen interviews are held Tuesday, September 22, 2020 starting at 8 AM in Doc Bryan 247.
- Homecoming King interviews are held on Thursday, September 24, 2020 starting at 8
AM in Doc Bryan 247.
- The court is selected from these interviews.
- The Homecoming Court will be announced on Monday, September 28 at 6:30 PM live streamed from Thone Stadium.
- The student body votes for their Homecoming Queen and King from the nominees on Homecoming Court.
- Voting opens on Tuesday, September 28, 2020 at 12:00 am (midnight) and closes on Thursday,
October 1 at 11:59 pm.
- All voting is conducted on theLink.
- The Homecoming Court has practice on Friday, October 2, 2020 at 5 PM at Thone Stadium.
- The Homecoming Queen is announced on Saturday, October 3 at 2:30 PM live streamed from Thone Stadium.
- No campaign materials may be distributed prior to the announcement of Homecoming Court on Monday, September 28 at 6:30 PM.
- Nominees shall hang no more than 125 flyers (11 X 17 maximum size). Flyers may be
hung on bulletin boards ONLY.
- Locations are available on the Poster Route. One banner for each nominee can be hung in each of these locations: Doc's Place, Doc Bryan Rotunda, and Baz-Tech. Failure to comply may result in disqualification.