Graduate Assistant for Student Wellness Outreach
Student Wellness at Arkansas Tech University is seeking a self-motivated, student-focused individual interested in pursuing a career in College Student Personnel, Psychology, or related field to assist with student wellness outreach. This 12-month appointment provides a wide range of health and wellness educational programming, consultation, and referral services that meet the particular needs of today’s students.
The Department of Student Wellness at Tech consists of the following: Health Services, Counseling Services, Disability Services, and Testing Services. The Graduate Assistant for Student Wellness Outreach will provide educational programming, outreach, prevention services, wellness awareness, and other types of information and marketing to Tech students in order to support the mission of the Student Wellness Department. The Graduate Assistant for Student Wellness reports to the Director of Health Services.
- Provide leadership for the Peer Health Educator program. Select, train, and supervise the Peer Health Educators who are undergraduate students that have been selected to provide health outreach to the campus, often providing trainings in the residence halls and across campus.
- Assist with the implementation and creation of campus wide educational programming. Themes include but are not limited to the following: drug and alcohol education, mental health awareness, suicide prevention, college student health, and other wellness topics.
- Provide oversight for the Student Health 101 wellness education program and e-magazine including customization of monthly pages and campus-wide marketing of the magazine. Student Health 101 is a magazine which addresses various wellness topics; it is sent monthly to all students. The GA will coordinate marketing effort as well as others related to Student Health 101 and other social media tools.
- Cooperate with other campus organizations and departments in providing wellness education and programming.
- Provide administrative support within the daily operations of the clinic.
- The minimal requirements for a candidate seeking this assistantship opportunity are:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Admittance into the Arkansas Tech University Graduate College as a Master’s degree seeking graduate student
- Ability to clear a background check
- Availability to begin work on July 1, 2018
This position pays a stipend of $1,000 per month. In addition, 18 hours of graduate credit tuition per year is covered.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Kristy Davis, Associate Dean for Student Wellness, email@example.com