The graduate assistant aids the overall operation of the sports information department, assisting the sports information director in the promotion of all 10 NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletic programs at Arkansas Tech.
The candidate will serve as the primary media contact for selected sports, maintain historical records, assist in the design and publication of gameday and seasonal publications, compile statistics, assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the Athletics Department website, upkeep the department's Facebook and Twitter pages and supervise a staff of ten student workers. Some travel might be required, as well as, working events on nights and weekends.
Applicant qualifications should include:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, business, sports administration or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experiencefrom which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Experience with in-game statistical software strongly preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in desktop publishing (Adobe InDesign and Photoshop), live streaming technology, new media applications (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), digital photography, and basic computer applications
- Ability to stick to deadlines and work independently
The applicant must be able to adhere to the requirements of the NCAA, Great American Conference and the mission of Arkansas Tech.
How to Apply
1. Complete online GA application. (If applying for multiple positions, please submit only one. One works for all!)
2. Email resume, three current references, and work samples to email@example.com
Monthly stipend divided over a 9 month contract
18 graduate credit hour waiver per academic year