Upward Bound is a federally funded grant program that provides support to low-income and/or first-generation college students. The programs serve 120 high school students in the surrounding area, providing opportunities for tutoring, mentoring, and healthy exposure to cultural, social, and educational experiences that encourage success in pursuing a higher education.
The GA position is a tutor coordinator position. This position requires the flexibility, ability, and willingness to work nights and weekends in structured and unstructured settings with students, staff, and faculty and other campus constituents.
The GA will be expected to fulfill the following duties:
- Provide tutorial services for Upward Bound students
- Supervise tutoring staff
- Coordinate tutor travel
- Monitor students' academic performance
- Assist students in improving academic capabilities in designated areas
- Assist with general office duties
*Students enrolled in the College Student Personnel program are given preference
How to Apply
1. Complete online GA application. (If applying for multiple positions, please submit only one. One works for all!)
2. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Monthly stipend divided over a 12 month contract
18 graduate credit hour waiver per academic year