The Graduate College Office provides a solid infrastructure for student, staff, faculty, and administrator achievement. Using a service-oriented team model, we support the interests and needs of our graduate programs by providing timely processing, assistance, training, and guidance.
Under the supervision of the Graduate College and the Coordinator of Graduate Student Support Services, the graduate assistant (GA) performs a variety of duties that are vital to supporting the overall Graduate College mission. The duties include but are not limited to: providing technical support, participating in campus functions, and conducting daily administrative tasks as assigned. The Graduate Assistant will also be expected to participate and take an active role in the Graduate Student Council and the tasks associated with that role.
This is a Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) sensitive role
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Update the Graduate College webpage as needed and ensure its consistency with the current functions of the college and associated graduate departments.
- Ensure that all Graduate College forms are accurate and free of errors such as spacing, spelling etc.
- Organize the College’s shared drive by ensuring documents are placed in the appropriate folders and old policies and procedures are archived in a historical folder for recordkeeping purposes.
- Take an active role in the Graduate Student Council (GSC) leadership, attend all meetings, recruit new members and keep the organizations’ by-laws up to standard with the ATU student organization’s handbook.
- Help plan, organize and participate in the annual GSC events.
- Work with other student organizations and campus partners to help create relevant programming opportunities for graduate students.
- Stay current in campus activities by reading the campus e-newsletter and OneTech Announcements
- Update spreadsheets with data relevant to the college and index them electronically in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot student inquires related to blackboard, onetech and other applications commonly used by students.
- E-File student records as requested by Graduate College Staff
- Complete FERPA training and maintain confidentiality of student records and professionalism
inside and outside of the office environment
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly stipend divided over a 12 month contract
18 graduate credit hour waiver per academic year